Aguas Frescas are an excellent way to use slightly over-ripe fruit.
Aprium Agua Fresca
Note: Apriums are an apricot-plum hybrid.
- 2 cups apriums, peeled with stones removed
- 4 cups water
- Juice of 1 small lime
- Sugar to taste
- Whole mint leaves for garnish
1. Add apriums, lime juice and water to a food processor or blender, puree until smooth. Add more water if the mixture is too thick and sugar to taste.
Mint Tea Sharbat
Notes: Sharbats often start with a simple syrup base of sugar dissolved in hot water and stirred until syrupy in consistency.
- Matcha green tea powder
- Mint leaves, crushed
- Granulated sugar
- A pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
- Hot water
1. Prepare matcha tea according to package instructions, add more or less matcha to taste. Add cardamon at this point, if desired.
2. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of sugar per serving in an equal amount of hot water. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture has a syrupy consistency.
3. Stir in crushed mint, add simple syrup to taste. Chill in refrigerator for at least a couple of hours, add ice cubes before service. Garnish with whole mint leaves if desired.